Get Bangin' Brows! / Billion Dollar Brow Kits

PR Sample


If there's one thing everyone can agree on, its that a put-together look of any kind requires some bangin' brows. Whether you like a more natural look or one that looks defined and chiseled, these Billion Dollar Brow kits are something to seriously consider. I had always been skeptical of those brow products that are a universal shade, that is until I used one myself. Let's jump into the kits themselves and then I have some comparison swatches to other brow products I own. I'll disclose what I have used, what I'm currently using and what I think of these products compared to those. Hold on, we've got a pic heavy post coming up!

Starting with the 60 Seconds to Beautiful Brows. This set retails for $24. The kit contains a universal brow powder shade in Taupe and a brow brush with a spooley at the end. I've also swatched the powder below. This swatch is a single pass through of the product, so it can get a bit darker, if needed.


Next is the Best Sellers Kit. This kit retails for $42. This kit includes a universal shade pencil that has a spooley at the other end, a dual ended concealer and highlighter combo, a smudge brush to help clean up the concealer/highlighter and a clear brow gel to set those bad boys in place.


Below is a close-up of the pencil. The swatches from left to right are the highlighter end, concealer end, brow pencil and the brow powder from the 60 Seconds kit.


Below is a close-up of the brow gel wand. Typical wand, however it doesn't really seem to pick up a ton of product. May be a good or bad thing depending on how bushy your brows are.


As far as my thoughts on the kits. Personally, I'm a brow pencil kind of gal. I used to use the e.l.f. Brow Kit in Medium and I think that matched me better when my hair was more of a medium brown, but I only ever used the wax side. I never used the powder. I don't feel like powder is my thing, but I think its more of a personal preference. I think for those of you looking for a much more natural looking brow, the 60 Seconds kit is for you.

As far as color goes, it's a rather cool color, so I definitely think it would work for medium blonde to dark brows. Layering intensifies the color quite a bit. Below is a comparison of the brush compared to other brow/angled brushes I own.


From left to right there's the Billion Dollar Brows Brow Brush, the e.l.f. Small Angled Brush, EcoTools Define Brush, Everyday Minerals Eyeliner Brush and the Morphe M160 brush. I like the width of the BDB brush and for me, it close resembles a mix of the Morphe and e.l.f. brushes.

Next is a comparison of the brow powder next to the only other powder like product I have. It's not a powder, but it's pomade, so keep that in mind.


On the left is the Billion Dollar Brows brow powder, which I did 2 passes of color and on the right is the NYX Tame & Frame Pomade in Brunette. The NYX pomade is slightly warmer and darker, but that is to be expected of a pomade.

Next we'll touch on some swatches for other similar products to the Best Sellers Kit. Below are swatch comparisons of a few brow pencils I own. As a reference, I'm currently using The Face Shop pencil.


I order they are: 1. Billion Dollar Brows Universal Brow Pencil, 2. The Face Shop Design My Eyebrow in #5 Dark Gray, 3. Wet ’N Wild Color Icon Pencil in Dark Brown, 4. Skin Food Black Bean Eye Brow Pencil in #4 Gray Brown, 5. NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Ash Brown. So as you can see from the swatches, the BDB brush is not too cool, not too warm and is much better suited for those with dark blonde to dark brown hair. I do think the shade will work with black eyebrows like mine, but for those who are looking for a more stark brow, this may not do the trick.

And lastly for the highlighter/concealer pencil. I personally don't use concealer near my brows and really only use highlighter if I'm doing an eye look of any kind. Below are my swatches next to the comparisons.


For the swatches, from left to right there's the Billion Dollar Brows concealer, Billion Dollar Brows highlighter, the Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter and the NYX Wonder Pencil in Medium.

Against my light-medium/medium skin tone, the concealer and highlighter are almost too light for me. I think its best for light to light-medium tones. The concealer is definitely more peachy and is almost a dupe for the Chella highlighter; not as pink or as light though. As far as how it works, I think the pen (any product on it), its best to be blended with a finger or anything warm. The product feels creamy, but it was hard to blend out.

Overall, I do think these brow kits are pretty awesome, perhaps a little pricey. My only real gripe is that I do wish there were more shades of the concealer/highlighter pen. Universal shades in general though, I'm all for those. Also, I have to give bonus points for cruelty-free!

What are your thoughts on these kits? Are they something you would buy or would you purchase the products individually? Share your thoughts in the comments!
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© mrs. mosh. Design by MangoBlogs | Privacy Policy