Review / KhairPep Hair Care

KhairPep Hair Care
Press Sample
I've said a million, or at least five or six, times that I'm super picky with hair care. I really want the best for my hair. Especially now since my hair has been bleached numerous times get out color that has been in my hair. I can say that at times my hair seems very damaged which is why I needed to be on the lookout for some products to reverse the signs of that.

Thankfully the wonderful crew at KhairPep sent me some products to try out to help with this! I was sent two products that help with damaged hair; the Transforme Masque and the Transforme Serum. So let's break down both by what they do, the ingredients and what type of hair I believe they're best for. If you're ready, then let's hit the jump!
Starting off, we'll discus the KhairPep Transforme Masque. This is described as a "leave-in masque with K18Peptide™ for thicker hair is a restorative, intense therapy masque which will start working immediately  to repair your damaged hair leaving your hair stronger, healthier and more elastic." Essentially this mask is meant to penetrate deep into the hair follicle, strengthening it from the inside, restoring it to a healthy state. Below you can see what it looks like inside the tub and when you dip in.

KhairPep Transforme Masque

As you can see, a bit of a white-colored goop. Texture is a little lumpy, but otherwise a cream-gel. One thing to notice about the mask is the scent. It definitely has a light floral scent. Not at all a generic "luxury" scent (I hate those).

So now let's break down the ingredients (listed on CosDNA as well):
Water, Alcohol Denat, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Polysorbate 20, Oligopeptide-101, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance  
KhairPep Transforme Masque

I definitely agree that this product is more suited for thicker, coarse hair. However if you're like me, thin, but thick (meaning a lot of hair), then you may want to try the Transforme Serum

The Transforme Serum is described as a "leave-in serum with K18Peptide™ for finer hair is a high intensity serum that will start to work immediately  to repair your damaged hair leaving your hair stronger, more elastic and healthier." Again, just like the masque, this serum is meant to penetrate deep into the hair follicle, strengthening it from the inside, restoring it to a healthy state, but for thinner hair. What isn't said is that this is a spray. Below you can see what it looks like sprayed on my hand.


The serum is a clear, watery spray with similar scent to the mask. Below are the ingredients (also listed on CosDNA):
Water, Alcohol Denat, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Oligopeptide-101, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch,  Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance
If you're like me, then you may have done a double take. The mask and serum have similar ingredients, sub one or two. Which means they both run on the same concept, but include different ingredients for specific reasons.

So now here comes the part you've been waiting for. Personally, I agree 100% with the company on who should use which one. If you have thick hair, go for the mask, thinner hair, go for the serum. However, if you're like me, thin but dense hair, then you really can use either. I would say the serum was best if I was looking to add softness to my hair and the mask was best if I also wanted the extra body. However I do need to be careful and only use a small amount of the mask as it can feel rather heavy and layered on if I use too much.

Both are great products for their own reason and I would definitely recommend them. As far as the price goes, this is definitely on the steep side at $55 for 50mL for the mask and serum each. However, as always, do your homework to see if these are right for you. These aren't your typical weekly hair masks and really can last a long time if you use them correctly. Most hair masks are glorified conditioners and may not even be worth it. These are specialized treatments and should be used as such.

Follow Me: Bloglovin // Facebook // Twitter

If you're in the market for these products, the serum and mask retail for $55 each and can be purchased directly from the brand's website.
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© mrs. mosh. Design by MangoBlogs | Privacy Policy